2010年7月27日星期二

Marvin M103 Watch Review

This is always a tricky thing. Because if you make the hands on a chronograph watch stick out too much, they obscure the chronograph, and if they are too thin, they are hard to read. The lume on the hands is thin, but existent. The Marvin M103 is not the best timepiece for night viewing, but it is manageable. The watch case is water resistant to 50 meters - enough for a watch like this. The matte black leather strap is a good match for the character of the watch, and tapers from 22mm wide at the lugs down to 18mm near the bottom for comfort. Tapered watch straps tend to be more comfortable to wear - which is why Rolex has been doing it for year with most all their metal bracelets.And with that comes some requisite polish and shine - which I like. I am going through one of those "check out my watch" phases, and I like a little sparkle. This is a trait that Marvin is good at, and the brand certainly has it down when it comes to presentation. From the packaging, to the advertising, Marvin does a fluid job at *** you feel good about getting and owning their products. Still, I need to remind you that the watches aren't available in the US, but they will be soon I predict.Usability for the watch is good. The chronograph like I said, is easy to read. The hands of the watch could use a little bit of a size increase maybe.